Typeahead onSelect no longer works

Hello,
I’m not sure when it happened but all of our typeahead select components onSelect() functions no longer work. We haven’t touched this code in over a year. The function is simply not called anymore. The other callbacks seem to work fine, but not onSelect() You can use a bogus function name, whatever, it’s just not called. I’ve had this confirmed by other colleagues.

We are using:

@patternfly/react-core”: “^4.276.6”,

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

Hi @marcus2376 - can you share which components you are using for the typeahead and specifically the onSelect that is giving you an issue?

I am seeing that the SearchInput component changed to have onChange(event, newValue) vs onChange(newValue, event), but this would be an issue with typing and not selecting.

Hi @gitdallas here ya go:

this.onSelect = (event, selection) => {
    console.log("MARK onSelect!");  // We never get here
 }

<Select
        variant={SelectVariant.typeahead}
        typeAheadAriaLabel="Type an attribute to check"
        onToggle={this.onSelectToggle}
        onClear={this.onSelectClear}
        onSelect={this.onSelect}
        selections={this.state.passworduserattributes}
        isOpen={this.state.isSelectOpen}
        aria-labelledby="typeAhead-user-attr"
        placeholderText="Type attributes to check..."
        noResultsFoundText="There are no matching attributes"
    >
        {this.props.attrs.map((attr, index) => (
            <SelectOption
                key={index}
                value={attr}
            />
        ))}
    </Select>

Originally i was using typeaheadMulti, but it seems all variants don’t work for me.

I’m not sure what is wrong. It seems to work fine here PatternFly 4 • Select

Are you seeing any console errors? Would it be possible to create a codesandbox?

No console errors, onSelect() is basically acting like a no op. If it works for you then it must be something on our side. And I just found one area in our code where typeahead is working, so my issue is not across the board. Anyway it’s not a regression in PF so I will continue to investigate this. Thanks for your time, and we can mark this as completed.

@gitdallas Ok found the problem. So the issue was that the Select component was stored in a variable, and that variable was accidentally used twice on the same page (but in a different Tab). Once the duplicate Select “variable” was removed then everything worked. Thanks again for looking into this!